The RAF Scholar Award program will provide 18 Romanian professors from technical universities around the country with the opportunity to gain U.S. university-based experience in developing and sustaining entrepreneurship education. In turn, upon returning to Romania, the participating professors would broaden the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Professors from technical universities — APPLY NOW to gain valuable expertise!
Innovate by offering state-of-the-art entrepreneurship education at your university. Equip your students with the knowledge, skills, and networks needed to launch or grow innovative businesses serving a tech-savvy market.
Selected professors for the competitive RAF Scholarship Award will complete a one-semester study program at a leading U.S. university.
- Examine best practices in entrepreneurship education
- Study the conditions supporting a healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Experience U.S. university faculty and student interaction and the application of innovative course design and teaching techniques
- Network with experienced educators and entrepreneurs while participating in tech hubs, work with student-faculty innovation teams
- Study active entrepreneurial ecosystems through exciting field trips
- Develop plans for implementing new course offerings in your home university
- U.S. visit by your university Administrator to hear your plan and observe an active entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Receive expert consultation as you launch new educational initiatives
- Build a network of peers who share your vision for the Romanian startup environment
- Visa sponsorship, including required travel and health insurance and all visa fees
- International airfare
- Monthly stipend to cover rent, food, and personal expenses
- Short-term travel within the U.S. to startup locations
First, coordinate with your university’s Administrators to develop support for your application and for implementation of new educational options.
- Ask them to complete the RAF Professor Development and Networking University Application committing their support for your participation.
- Next complete your individual RAF Scholar Award Application.
Applications, including all requested supporting documents, should be submitted via email attachment to RAFInfo@ciee.org. All communication and application materials must be submitted in English. We must receive both applications—yours and a supporting application from your university— by the deadline to consider your participation.
- Application deadline: June 21, 2016
- Professor & university administrator interviews & presentations: June 29-30, 2016 in Bucharest
- Selection notification: July 8, 2016
- Program dates: August 19-December 16, 2016
- Finalist professor applicants will be invited to in-person interviews.
- An independent, international selection panel will choose the best combination of qualified professors representing universities committed to implementing their plans.
- Six professors will be selected each year for three years—18 professors total.
Educational background, current academic appointment and teaching assignment
Demonstrated interest and ability to participate fully and to implement entrepreneurship education upon return
Willingness to advance educational innovation through the adoption of new courses or by integrating entrepreneurship within current curricula.
Demonstrated university support for participation and implementation upon return.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1: Do I need to apply now, during the application period June 2 – June 21, 2016, if I want to participate in the 2017 or 2018 fellowship round?
A1: No, each round will be announced publically; therefore this current application period is strictly for the Fall 2016 fellowship opportunity.
Q2: Do I need to have the support of my university administration?
A2: Yes, the application package you will submit has two downloadable PDFs that you can fill in on your computer. The first form is for the professor and the second form is for your faculty administrator (Decan or Prodecan) demonstrating university support for the program.
There is the expectation that one of the faculty administrators will also visit the University of Rochester for a shorter (10-day) visit during the fellowship
Q3: What costs will the program cover?
A3: The program will cover all costs associated with the fellowship including visa, transportation, housing, and living stipend. For people with families, there will be the option to apply for dependent support that will allow for a spouse or children to accompany the selected fellow.
Q4: Where will the fellowship take place?
A4: The fellowship will take place at the University of Rochester Ain Center for Entrepreneurship. The Ain Center, ranked #22 out of more than 200 graduate entrepreneurship programs in the U.S. by the Princeton Review/Entrepreneur Magazine, offers innovative undergraduate and graduate coursework. Award winning programs and events designed by and partnered with the Ain Center serve students, professors, researchers, and the community alike.